Sponsor

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Animal Collective - In The Flowers -- Merriweather Post Pavilion (2009)



Up next: Animal Collective, it took me a very long time to start liking them. few songs like Fireworks & this one could keep me entertained but everything else I heard of them kept me untouched. Now I'm in love with the album Merriweather Post Pavilion and the few other albums I have of them are growing on me. So if you are still unaware of this band, give them a few listens before you judge them! I did judge them way too soon myself and it costed me a few years of listening to this great band, oh well that's life I guess.

The album Merriweather Post Pavilion was released back in early 2009 already and contains besides In The Flowers other excellent songs like Lion In A Coma and Brother Sport to just name two of them. But again it might take more than one listen to fully appreciate it. If you do (start to) like what you hear and are like me in the phase of checking out more of them I'd advice to check out strawberry Jam and Sung Tongs to start with. If you are far more into Animal Collective and know them far better than me feel free to criticize my advice. Or you know just enjoy the song and nevermind all this chitchat I have written down here for you!

The song I chose is In The Flowers for the following, line of the song: "if i could just leave my body for a night". Which is followed with some really awesome music. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment