Sponsor

Friday 19 October 2012

Toe - Past and Language -- The Book About My Idle Plot On a Vague Anxiety (2005)


Next band on my blog is the Japanese band Toe. This is one of the few bands I discovered since I'm browsing the /mu/ board on 4chan, the site is pretty disturbing at times but has some really good music recommendations as well. This band I discovered in a Math Rock share tread, but to be honest I consider them more to be Post-Rock than Math-Rock. I guess they are a combination of both genre's but what counts is that they are a good band, so the label I'm trying to put on them doesn't really matter. 

The video for the Past and Language song is very cool as well, I like the concept of the small gig for a limited crowd. At least that is what I think the concept is... The song is my favorite by them, I'm still fairly new to this band so this might change in the future but for now this really is the one. I like how the song gets that little bit faster around a minute and a half, and how it sort of "explodes" (it's not really that drastic) at 2 minutes and 20 seconds more and less. Oh and how that one "woooh" scream comes from the crowd when it "explodes", haha. And the drummer, apparently named Takashi if Last FM is correct, is just amazing in my opinion. Of course it's the band as a total that creates and plays the songs, but this drummer actually is amazing, not that i'm an expert or anything when it comes to judging this matter, but just check him out. Anyways thank you 4chan and Koen for leading me to 4chan, and... enjoy! 

Official site
last.fm artist page

No comments:

Post a Comment