Sponsor

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar -- Tarot Sport (2009)



Like for every band we know now there was a time we didn't know anything about them. For me this is still the case with Fuck Buttons to be completely honest with you. The only reason for making this post in the first place was scrolling trough my media player and stumbling upon this gem. It actually has been months since I listened to them. How come I'm posting this then if I know so little about them and rarely listen to it? Well few years back I saw a show off them on a festival here in Belgium and they blew me away. After the festival I got this album and I enjoyed listening to it but never took the time to look up more of them or follow them up. Earlier this year I found a hard copy of the album in a small shop and paid up immediately and again I enjoyed rediscovering it (since I had forgotten about them). So the reason is obviously that it is an excellent album if you are into this type of music, not sure how to describe it though, so you have to listen to it... and the band deserves more attention as well (even from me).

So truth to be told, posting this right now is me rediscovering this for the second time this year. In my defense I enjoy this type of music a lot more live than on album, if that counts as an excuse for forgetting over and over again about an album you really like a lot. And maybe just maybe I have too much music on my computer, nah never too much am I right? Anyways because of this in my opinion excellent album I will look up more of them tonight and try to follow up better on them.   

I'm sorry for so much ranting and so little talking about the actual music, but it's really hard to describe it for me. A problem I have with a lot of things I hear actually... Just give the song a chance, it's the opener of the album and if I really have to give a genre or something I'd say it's some experimental/electronicish music. Enjoy people!


1 comment:

  1. the only song I knew of them .. but I can say that is orgasmic, hear the song many desiveles in my music player .... I told you already have an amazing taste in music ... thank God for sending me someone so handsome = P and with such good taste in music ... Needless to say what you are to me and what you have done in these months .. thanks for the months filled with music and life that we need to fill with songs... TEAMO♥

    ReplyDelete