Sponsor

Monday 8 April 2013

The Wombats - School Uniforms -- The Wombats Proudly Present: A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation (2007)


One of my all time favorite bands now, with their debut album The Wombats Proudly Present: A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation. The band consists off Matthew Murphy, Daniel Haggis and Tord Ă˜verland-Knudsen and was formed in Liverpool. The trio plays some of the most catchy indie rock music out there and the band obviously is one of the most known acts because of this. I fell in love with them a year before this release, when the Girls, Boys & Marsupials release came out as well as with some of the earlier released singles. Not sure if the Girls, Boys & Marsupials record is the debut album or not, this one only came out in Japan so I guess it's open for discussion but I guess for us Europeans the actual debut album was The Wombats Proudly Presents...


The record contains most of the songs that already where on the Girls, Boys & Marsupials with some new ones like Kill The Director and Lets Dance To Joy Division to name two of them. Which were of course excellent additions to an already excellent album. Which created an awesome debut album, which was followed up by an excellent second album as well last year. The record is known by all of you I assume so I won't bother you any longer by talking about it then.

Only thing left to say is which song I'm posting, and this will be the School Uniforms songs, because of one part of that song I adore. I simply love to sing along to "I remember short skirts, long hair, my hormones flying everywhere". I hope you guys do as well. No official video of this track, so am uploading a live version, not the best quality but we all know the song right? soooo enjoy!

Official site
last.fm artist page

No comments:

Post a Comment