Sponsor

Friday 15 March 2013

Polarsets - Morning (2010)


Right now I'll be having it about a pretty new band. Well they are busy from 2009 or 2010 I think but they still are unknown to most people and they don't even have a complete record out yet. Polarsets is a trio based around Newcastle and are making music that is a mix of indie and electronic music. They are(or at least were) signed to Kitsuné records and they released their first ep, the exotica ep, around last summer. While this ep is pretty good with Tropics as my favorite track on it I'm not going to talk about it right now. 

This for the simple reason that all the releases, singles, before the ep were at least as good and in my eyes even a bit better. I love Leave Argentina and the Bside of that one Just Don't Open Your Eyes Yet is even better. The song I'm going to post here is Morning, not as good as the first two songs they brought out but it has an official video and it's still pretty awesome. 

So why talk or even post about this band when they didn't yet release that much in the past? Well their sound seems very promising and although it seems to take like forever to release the debut record I have faith in this trio. I don't even have 10 songs of this group and it's definitely one of my favorite bands at the moment. If you would doubt my opinion they supported Two Door Cinema Club and Ellie Goulding in the past, not bad for starters I'd say. Enjoy Morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment